Next week, I will be turning the ripe old age of 35, and in lieu of a birthday party, I’ve realized that it’s better to give than to receive. I’m throwing a benefit concert in order to give back to the people who have already given me so much: immigrants. I know it’s short notice because we are responding to a very recent disaster, but I hope you will open up your hearts and join me this Wednesday at 8pm for a night of drinks and live music, but if you can’t make it, consider opening up your checkbooks and donating to the fund through this page (you can do so by clicking "TICKETS"):
CONCERT TO BENEFIT IMMIGRANTS IMPACTED BY HURRICANE HARVEY
Featuring performances by:
- KING B. KING
- EVAN NACHIMSON
- CAMERON GALPIN
- ALEC GASTON
- PRINTS OF MONACO
- JACOB BRANDT & FRIENDS
All ticket and donation proceeds will benefit:
Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative is providing emergency resources for immigrants impacted by Hurricane Harvey. In response to Harvey, the Collaborative is organizing several efforts:
- Convening our partners to address what legal services providers and immigration experts can to do provide benefit to Harvey survivors;
- Identifying gaps in resources for immigrants and refugees and collaborating with partners to determine the best way to fill those gaps
- Creating materials for partners to use when advising clients about how to navigate Harvey relief as an immigrant/refugee, such a our Harvey FAQ: bit.ly/harveyfaq
- Deploying immigration attorneys to emergency shelters to give consultations on the intersection between disaster recovery and immigration issues.
Through their work, a few explicit needs are already emerging:
- Direct monetary assistance for those who don’t qualify for federal relief to support lost wages, housing, transportation, medical costs, etc.
- The need for disaster relief resources and information in multiple languages.
- Education and advocacy directed at government entities and organizations who are working with Harvey survivors to help them understand the particular needs of people without legal status.
The Collaborative has established a pass-through fund (HILSC Harvey Assistance for Immigrants) to provide Harvey-recovery support to immigrants and refugees, and particularly undocumented individuals.
Share this event on Facebook and Twitter We hope you can make it!
The Grotas Firm, PC
Harvey Immigrant Relief Concert
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM (EDT)
Friends and Lovers
641 Classon Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11238